Home | About Us | Contact Us | Subdivisions | Portfolio | Local Information | Free
Reports | Testimonials | Remodeling/Home Repair |Promotions | Sitemap | Refer a Friend
| Email Updates
1748 W Sunset, Ste C
Springdale, AR 72762
Click Here to
Request a FREE Estimate
Search All NWA Listings
7 Steps to Preparing for an Open House
1. Hire a cleaning service. A spotlessly clean home is essential; dirt will turn
off a prospect faster than anything.
2. Mow your lawn, and be sure toys and yard equipment are put away.
3. Serve cookies, coffee, and soft drinks. It creates a welcoming touch. But be sure
the kitchen has been cleaned up; use disposable cups so the sink doesn’t fill up.
4. Lock up your valuables, jewelry, and money. Although the real estate salesperson
will be on site during the open house, it’s impossible to watch everyone all the
5. Turn on all the lights. Even in the daytime, incandescent lights add sparkle.
6. Send your pets to a neighbor or take them outside. If that’s not possible, crate
them or confine them to one room (a basement or bath), and let the salesperson know
where to find them.
7. Leave. It’s awkward for prospective buyers to look in your closets and express
their opinions of your home with you there.